About Me

My photo
Volgograd, Russia
I'm a 12 year old trapped in an 19 year old physique and I love pink :) Our heart is pink, and pink is a lovely colour. So, let's stick to the "fitrah" and let's make our heart a lovely heart too :D InsyaAllah.

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Turkey Through The Ages : Day 3, hot and cold

Assalamualaikum.

It’s

………..

 

COLD

………………………….

 

REALLY COLD

 

cute_little_cartoon_bird_flying__soaring_through_the_clouds_0515-1003-1906-0354_SMU

Chirp chirp chirp it’s day 3!

Snow seemed like doesn’t want to stop falling. Istanbul was getting colder, and colder.

I was shivering all time. My hands, my feet, those were feeling so numb.

Our next destination was TOPKAPI PALACE!

I was so affected by coldness. I don’t even feel like walking anymore. I wanna sit and hot chocolate would be just nice.

But, there’s something that help me to get through the day.

The hotness.

The whaaaat????

There’s something that hot enough to let the cold go away.

It’s something that we called “kehangatan ukhuwah”

VOT VOT! Itulah yang saya maksudkan, kehangatan ukhuwah menjadi pembakar semangat!

They hold my hands tightly so I won’t feel so cold. We made a group lovely hug. We hold onto each other. Subhanallah!

The feeling was amazing.

Snow falling onto you, oh my friend how are you? You are cold, you’re feel so blue, don’t worry, let’s hold my hand, I’m with you!

DAY 3, LET’S BEGIN!

jaulah2

 

Topkapi Palace, it used to be the empire palace before they moved to Dolmabahce Palace.

Here, Sultan Muhammad Fatih, Sultan Selim, Sultan Sulaiman stayed.

I like it, it’s full with Islamic architecture and I felt the Islamic environment there.

We could see the library, the study room, and there’s a lot of museums.

I was so amazed when I found out there’s the beard of the Prophet Muhammad Saw.

Also, the swords of the prophet, and the sahabat.

It’s so interesting. We’re revealed by so much Islamic history here.

Topkapi Palace was a huge place. Yet, the weather and the slippery pavement became the reason we didn’t stay too long there.

Bye bye Topkapi Palace. It’s been great to be here Smile

…..

Next we took the bus to Eyub town!

 

cartoon_bus

Interesting fact! Hehe, sleeping in bus, train etc during travelling sgt best! Haha, it’s like, ohhhh we’re taking the bus! How long will it take? Oh 20 mins, I better sleep now! Haha, maybe it’s just me!

Eyub town was very welcoming. You know, there is some place, that once you put your step on it, you feel the warmth. That’s Eyub.

So why this town is named Eyub? Through 6 days of my journey, this is the best and most inspiring history for me.

There was 1 sahabat of prophet Muhammad SAW, his name is Abu Ayyub al- Ansari. He is really interested in the conquest of Constantinople.

According to wikipedia :

Muhammad ibn Jarir al-Tabari records under A.H. 49 (9/2/669-28/1/670) a number of raids against the Byzantines, including the one led by Muawiyah's son Yazid against Constantinople (cf. Siege of Constantinople (674)). Abu Ayyub is among the notables listed as accompanying Yazid. He was an old man, but that did not prevent him from enlisting. After a short time engaged in battle, he fell ill and had to withdraw. Yazid came to him and asked: "Do you need anything, Abu Ayyub?" To which Abu Ayyub replied, "Convey my salaams (Islamic farewell) to the Muslim armies and tell them: "Abu Ayyub urges you to penetrate deeply into the territory of the enemy as far as you can go, that you should carry him with you and that you should bury him under your feet at the walls of Constantinople." Then he breathed his last. The Muslim army fulfilled his request and pushed back the enemy's forces until they reached the walls of Constantinople where Abu Ayyub was buried.

:’)

Inspiring isn’t it?

After the conquest of Constantinople a türbe (tomb) was constructed above Abu Ayyub's purported grave and a mosque built in his honour. From that point on the area, now known as the locality of Eyüp, has become a sacred locality and many Ottoman officials requested burial in proximity of Abu Ayyub.

So, here I am. In Eyub. Right in front his tomb. During my visit, I saw many local people and also tourist that “berebut2” to take a look on his tomb. Alfatihah.

Zuhur in Eyub mosque. Then a very old lady came to us, giving the Turkish sesame bread to us. Jazakillahu khayran :)

Another interesting fact about Turkey, it is famous of its ice cream and pakcik jual ice-cream’s magic trick! Haha nomonomo funny!

And as usual, women and shopping are two things that couldn’t be separated.

After shopping shopping shopping…

We snap, snap and snap pictures!

Pictures

Eyub, it’s been pleasure to visit you Smile *thumbs up*

On our way back to hostel, we stopped by at the dessert restaurant. Yummy yummy! We tried so many puddings, and my favourite of all is Rice Pudding!

Recently Updated

Day 3 : They said, hot and cold is two things that can’t be put together. But today, it isn’t Smile

Assalamualaikum.

p/s : kalau nak best shopping, pergi lah ke Eyub Smile

2 comments:

  1. rice pudding sedap kan! i first saw it here in NZ and i thought it's "euww"..but a few weeks ago i had a bowl of rice pudding served by the nurse after i had my surgery. yummyyyyyy!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. same thought here! mcm rice pudding? erkkk mst geli2. last2 cam arghhh sedap habaq hang hahaha

      Delete

Daisypath Graduation tickers